Help Deako design our next generation of Deako products by applying new technology to an extremely simple application. Deako is looking for an Mechanical Engineer to help develop new products for our smart light switch product line. You will contribute to the development, validation and testing of new products from the concept stage all the way to production.
We are not sponsoring Visas for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field with a strong product development focus.
- 3+ years of experience of Mechanical Design in consumer electronics.
- Injection molding design experience.
- Stamped metal design experience.
- Experience with full product development process from concept to manufacturing.
- CAD design experience in SolidWorks or OnShape or equivalent and working understanding version control
- Experience in high-volume manufacturing processes.
- Experience with designing consumer electronics for mass production.
- Develop new lighting controls
- Collaborate with cross-functional team (ID, EE, Reliability & Compliance) to ensure Mechanical designs meet internal and external customer requirements
- Establish appropriate quality metrics, critical-to-quality characteristics and selection of qualified suppliers
- Perform onsite NPI functions such as the bring up of tools at our factories. Likely to include travel to East Asia and Mexico
- Learn and apply safety requirements from UL, ETL and other regulatory agencies
- Be the ME technical liaison with tooling vendors and contract manufacturers
- Perform on-site NPI functions such as FAI & tool bring-up at factories